Dear Greg Dewar,
Please come write for the Commentator. Your talents are wasted at the Ol’ Dirty.
P.S. This is why:
Last week, the Emerald published a letter urging for more coverage of the fraternity and sorority community. Here are the top 10 reasons why the opinion desk (which includes two former fraternity members) thinks the fraternity and sorority community shouldn’t feel entitled to coverage:
1. Community service shouldn’t be about self-promotion; it’s its own reward. Oh, and when it’s the reason you exist, it’s not news.
2. They get our athletes in trouble by leaving MacBooks lying around.
3. They’re already the majority of voters in ASUO elections.
4. Where you going, Pledge?
5. The T-shirts.
6. PBR isn’t a substitute for water.
7. Because it’s too hard to make real friends.
8. Shirtless is not a lifestyle
9. They’re not that cool, “brah.”
10. Would they really want us to delve that deeply into their inner workings?
P.P.S. I don’t hate fraternities or sororities. Our fearless leader is a fraternity man. I just admire Greg’s balls to put that in the ODE.